hidden hit counter
Help!

active directory users and computers shortcut deleted

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Active Directory RSS
Next:  How is DNS installed on a child domain  
Author Message
vickie
External


Since: Feb 28, 2005
Posts: 5



PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>win2000>active_directory (more info?)

Tech support:
The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.

Thanks

Vickie
Back to top
Harj
External


Since: Mar 20, 2006
Posts: 100



PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi,

>From the run box, program files, administrative tools, Active Directory
users and computers, right click AD users and computers and click send
to--->desktop (create shortcut)
This will create the shortcut on the desktop.

Hope this helps

Harj Singh
Power Your Active Directory Investment
www.specopssoft.com

vickie wrote:
> Tech support:
> The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
> deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vickie
Back to top
vickie
External


Since: Feb 28, 2005
Posts: 5



PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi Harj,
The AD users and computers icon is not in administrative tools folder.
Is there another way to get it back?
"Harj" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >From the run box, program files, administrative tools, Active Directory
> users and computers, right click AD users and computers and click send
> to--->desktop (create shortcut)
> This will create the shortcut on the desktop.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Harj Singh
> Power Your Active Directory Investment
> www.specopssoft.com
>
> vickie wrote:
> > Tech support:
> > The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
> > deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Vickie
>
>
Back to top
Harj
External


Since: Mar 20, 2006
Posts: 100



PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi,

Hmmm, weird issue here. You can go to Windows\system32 and right click
dsa.msc, and send to desktop (create shortcut)

Hope this helps

Harj Singh
Power Your Active Directory Investment
www.specopssoft.com


vickie wrote:
> Hi Harj,
> The AD users and computers icon is not in administrative tools folder.
> Is there another way to get it back?
> "Harj" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > >From the run box, program files, administrative tools, Active Directory
> > users and computers, right click AD users and computers and click send
> > to--->desktop (create shortcut)
> > This will create the shortcut on the desktop.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Harj Singh
> > Power Your Active Directory Investment
> > www.specopssoft.com
> >
> > vickie wrote:
> > > Tech support:
> > > The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
> > > deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Vickie
> >
> >
Back to top
vickie
External


Since: Feb 28, 2005
Posts: 5



PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi Harj:
That worked. Thanks so much. You are truly a blessing sent from God.
Vickie

"Harj" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hmmm, weird issue here. You can go to Windows\system32 and right click
> dsa.msc, and send to desktop (create shortcut)
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Harj Singh
> Power Your Active Directory Investment
> www.specopssoft.com
>
>
> vickie wrote:
> > Hi Harj,
> > The AD users and computers icon is not in administrative tools folder.
> > Is there another way to get it back?
> > "Harj" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > >From the run box, program files, administrative tools, Active Directory
> > > users and computers, right click AD users and computers and click send
> > > to--->desktop (create shortcut)
> > > This will create the shortcut on the desktop.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps
> > >
> > > Harj Singh
> > > Power Your Active Directory Investment
> > > www.specopssoft.com
> > >
> > > vickie wrote:
> > > > Tech support:
> > > > The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
> > > > deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > > >
> > > > Vickie
> > >
> > >
>
>
Back to top
Brandon McCombs
External


Since: Sep 26, 2005
Posts: 84



PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: active directory users and computers shortcut deleted [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

vickie wrote:
> Hi Harj:
> That worked. Thanks so much. You are truly a blessing sent from God.

Well that's higher up the food chain than tech support.

> Vickie
>
> "Harj" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Hmmm, weird issue here. You can go to Windows\system32 and right click
>> dsa.msc, and send to desktop (create shortcut)
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Harj Singh
>> Power Your Active Directory Investment
>> www.specopssoft.com
>>
>>
>> vickie wrote:
>>> Hi Harj,
>>> The AD users and computers icon is not in administrative tools folder.
>>> Is there another way to get it back?
>>> "Harj" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> >From the run box, program files, administrative tools, Active Directory
>>>> users and computers, right click AD users and computers and click send
>>>> to--->desktop (create shortcut)
>>>> This will create the shortcut on the desktop.
>>>>
>>>> Hope this helps
>>>>
>>>> Harj Singh
>>>> Power Your Active Directory Investment
>>>> www.specopssoft.com
>>>>
>>>> vickie wrote:
>>>>> Tech support:
>>>>> The icon or shortcut for active directory users and computers has been
>>>>> deleted by mistake. How can I re-create this short cut.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> Vickie
>>>>
>>
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Active Directory All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum