> I accidentally opened a file with windows and cannot remove the file
> association. I don't wish to change it just remove it.
If you mean that you want to delete the file extension type reference
completely off your computer, then:
1. Open regedit (type in Start Search area of Start Menu and press
2. Open "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"
3. Find the file extension and right click it and click delete.
4. Answer Yes to the confirmation prompt.
If you want to remove the program associated with the file extension
and leave it blank, then do the above except instead of step 3:
1. Find the file extension and right click on the "Default" in the
2. Click Modify and leave the entry blank and click Ok.
Let me know if this is not what you meant, and I'll try and help.
Hope this helps,
*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*