Help!

Problem with Panda

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Panda RSS
Next:  Panda Internet Security - messes up IE ?  
Author Message
SP
External


Since: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Problem with Panda
Archived from groups: alt>comp>anti-virus (more info?)

I've got a problem with my Panda AV software that I just cannot seem to
get around!

The problems began after I went back to an earlier version of XP..I
originally had a trial version of Panda Platinum v7.0 on the system,
uninstalled it and installed Platinum v8.0. After going back to the
earlier version of XP I was getting error messages on start-up such as
Inicio.exe failed to load and VCL50.bpl was not found.

I've resolved the first two issues but now I'm getting an error message
in relation to PLATCTRL.BPL that needs to be re-installed in order to
solve the problem, yet I can't find any information or links to this
BPL file anywhere.

Because of missing or corrupt files the option to un-install the
earlier version of Platinum isn't viable as it stops the task. I can't
re-install v7.0 over the one on the system as the computer reads it as
an earlier version due to the updates on it, so it cancels the install.
I can't install v8.0 either because I can't uninstall v7.0

Help!!

--
Lesley
CBR600FW
SBS#11 (with oak-leaf cluster)
BOTAFOT#101A UKRMHRC#12
BONY#54P BOB#18
Real burds don't take hormones, they rage naturally
Back to top
optikl
External


Since: Jun 12, 2004
Posts: 336



PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Panda [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

SP wrote:
> I've got a problem with my Panda AV software that I just cannot seem to
> get around!
>
> The problems began after I went back to an earlier version of XP..I
> originally had a trial version of Panda Platinum v7.0 on the system,
> uninstalled it and installed Platinum v8.0. After going back to the
> earlier version of XP I was getting error messages on start-up such as
> Inicio.exe failed to load and VCL50.bpl was not found.
>
> I've resolved the first two issues but now I'm getting an error message
> in relation to PLATCTRL.BPL that needs to be re-installed in order to
> solve the problem, yet I can't find any information or links to this
> BPL file anywhere.
>
> Because of missing or corrupt files the option to un-install the
> earlier version of Platinum isn't viable as it stops the task. I can't
> re-install v7.0 over the one on the system as the computer reads it as
> an earlier version due to the updates on it, so it cancels the install.
> I can't install v8.0 either because I can't uninstall v7.0
>
> Help!!
>
Have you contacted Panda support about your problem? Maybe they have a
tool that can assist in removing files and registry entries?
Back to top
SP
External


Since: Dec 01, 2004
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Panda [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

optikl wrote:

> SP wrote:
> > I've got a problem with my Panda AV software that I just cannot
> > seem to get around!
> >
<snip>

> > Help!!
> >
> Have you contacted Panda support about your problem? Maybe they have
> a tool that can assist in removing files and registry entries?

Yep, but after completing the report and attempting to send it on their
website, I get error messages so I can't send the message through. And
I can't email them via the AV software itself because I can't open it.

--
Lesley
CBR600FW
SBS#11 (with oak-leaf cluster)
BOTAFOT#101A UKRMHRC#12
BONY#54P BOB#18
Real burds don't take hormones, they rage naturally
Back to top
Rosie
External


Since: Nov 28, 2003
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Panda [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

In message , SP
writes
>NonDisputandum.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:34:53 GMT, "SP" wrote:
>>
>> > I've got a problem with my Panda AV software that I just cannot
>> > seem to get around!
Have you tried re-installing into a different partition or folder? I'm
not sure how Panda would react to that. Might be worth a try. If you are
OK with the registry, you could remove every reference to Panda after
you've tried the uninstall then re-install. I vaguely remember having to
do this when I first started with Panda. If you aren't happy with
registry stuff, leave well alone!
I also think its a good program.
Luck.
--
gillie
Back to top
Roadrace



Joined: Mar 29, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: perfect Uninstaller [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Perfect Uninstaller review ; it uninstalled Panda but not the Panda start menu link. However it didn't fix the the VCL50.BPL message which is still coming up.

Also, I am not sure how free it is, its a free download but $50 for the application key needed to make it work????
Back to top
revo



Joined: May 11, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

I have the same issue.
FIrst, I was having internet connection problem,
which is caused by panda.
I tried to full y uninstall but I couldn't.
I still having the same error. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
rebootbill



Joined: Nov 08, 2009
Posts: 5



PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Try Revo uninstaller, it is free and should solve your problem. h**p://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html
Should it not work reinstall Panda and then use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Panda All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum