Help!

Access 2007 split form window size (BUG???)

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions RSS
Next:  Group existing records in a table into categories  
Author Message
Mark Andrews
External


Since: Oct 19, 2003
Posts: 52



PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Access 2007 split form window size (BUG???)
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>access (more info?)

I created a sample Access 2007 database with one table and two forms and one
line of code.

frmMain has one button and one line of code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNext",,,,,acDialog

frmNext is a form set to "Split Form" as the default (no code), throw
whatever fields you want on the form

It seemed to work fine until I switched the database options to Overlapping
windows and then frmNext freaks out and shows up HUGE.

Please help I would like to use split form view.

I have ms access: 12.0.6304.5000 (I think that's SP1)

Is this a bug that can be reported or solved?????

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Back to top
Mark Andrews
External


Since: Oct 19, 2003
Posts: 52



PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Access 2007 split form window size (BUG???) [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I went with:
'Code the Form's Open event:
DoCmd.MoveSize 3 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 4 * 1440
'The above will position the form 3 inches from the left edge of
'the window, 2 inches down from the top. The form will be sized 2
'inches by 4 inch in size.
'All measurements are in Twips, 1440 per inch.
'Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help.

As a short term solution. I was hoping I didn't have to do this becuase I
could have a few forms and
I would rather not code the size of every window.

If anyone knows the real fix to this problem please let me know.
Mark

"Mark Andrews" wrote in message

>I created a sample Access 2007 database with one table and two forms and
>one line of code.
>
> frmMain has one button and one line of code:
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNext",,,,,acDialog
>
> frmNext is a form set to "Split Form" as the default (no code), throw
> whatever fields you want on the form
>
> It seemed to work fine until I switched the database options to
> Overlapping windows and then frmNext freaks out and shows up HUGE.
>
> Please help I would like to use split form view.
>
> I have ms access: 12.0.6304.5000 (I think that's SP1)
>
> Is this a bug that can be reported or solved?????
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark
>
Back to top
Albert D. Kallal
External


Since: May 04, 2005
Posts: 889



PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Access 2007 split form window size (BUG???) [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Mark Andrews" wrote in message

>I went with:

> 'Code the Form's Open event:
> DoCmd.MoveSize 3 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 4 * 1440
> 'The above will position the form 3 inches from the left edge of
> 'the window, 2 inches down from the top. The form will be sized 2
> 'inches by 4 inch in size.
> 'All measurements are in Twips, 1440 per inch.
> 'Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help.
>
> As a short term solution. I was hoping I didn't have to do this becuase I
> could have a few forms and
> I would rather not code the size of every window.
>
> If anyone knows the real fix to this problem please let me know.
> Mark
>

This looks rather broken to me also.......

>> I have ms access: 12.0.6304.5000 (I think that's SP1)

The same problem occurs with sp2...

I going to write this up as a bug. I suppose it is possbile that split forms
are supposed work this way by design, but that seems rather wrong if that is
the case....

Your workaround is about the best solution I seen so far (thanks for sharing
your workaround by the way).

I going to submit this as a bug.....

I think the split forms are REALLY nice new feature of ms-access. However, I
don't see a lot of people using them right now, hence your question/issue
has not come up that much. However, if we can't set the size of the split
form, then I think this really holds back the adoption rate of this new
feature. Maybe few are using these forms because we can't size them
correctly????

I am 100% on you with this one....these forms don't size work correctly...


--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
Back to top
Mark Andrews
External


Since: Oct 19, 2003
Posts: 52



PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Access 2007 split form window size (BUG???) [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Albert,

Thanks for submitting the bug! I like Access2007 and have found a good
general design for apps and use split forms a good deal but it's kinda
annoying all the bugs that still exist. I guess I should move to SP2.

Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com


"Albert D. Kallal" wrote in message

> "Mark Andrews" wrote in message
>
>>I went with:
>
>> 'Code the Form's Open event:
>> DoCmd.MoveSize 3 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 2 * 1440, 4 * 1440
>> 'The above will position the form 3 inches from the left edge of
>> 'the window, 2 inches down from the top. The form will be sized 2
>> 'inches by 4 inch in size.
>> 'All measurements are in Twips, 1440 per inch.
>> 'Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help.
>>
>> As a short term solution. I was hoping I didn't have to do this becuase
>> I could have a few forms and
>> I would rather not code the size of every window.
>>
>> If anyone knows the real fix to this problem please let me know.
>> Mark
>>
>
> This looks rather broken to me also.......
>
>>> I have ms access: 12.0.6304.5000 (I think that's SP1)
>
> The same problem occurs with sp2...
>
> I going to write this up as a bug. I suppose it is possbile that split
> forms are supposed work this way by design, but that seems rather wrong if
> that is the case....
>
> Your workaround is about the best solution I seen so far (thanks for
> sharing your workaround by the way).
>
> I going to submit this as a bug.....
>
> I think the split forms are REALLY nice new feature of ms-access. However,
> I don't see a lot of people using them right now, hence your
> question/issue has not come up that much. However, if we can't set the
> size of the split form, then I think this really holds back the adoption
> rate of this new feature. Maybe few are using these forms because we can't
> size them correctly????
>
> I am 100% on you with this one....these forms don't size work correctly...
>
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
>
>
>
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum