Help!

How do I type subscripts for chemical equations?

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> New Users RSS
Next:  Changed functionality for F4  
Author Message
michelle
External


Since: Jun 06, 2006
Posts: 46



PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: How do I type subscripts for chemical equations?
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>word>newusers (more info?)

How do I type subscrips for chemical equations???

i.e. H20 how do I make the 2 smaller than the H and O??
Back to top
TedMi
External


Since: Aug 29, 2006
Posts: 25



PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: RE: How do I type subscripts for chemical equations? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Highlight the 2, then Format > Font, check Subscript in the Effects section
--
Ted
Back to top
Suzanne S. Barnhill
External


Since: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 24483



PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I type subscripts for chemical equations? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Or just select the 2 and press Ctrl+=.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"TedMi" wrote in message

> Highlight the 2, then Format > Font, check Subscript in the Effects
section
> --
> Ted
>
Back to top
++++Jack++++
External


Since: Jun 26, 2006
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I type subscripts for chemical equations? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Suzanne that was cute, got away to change it to superscript using the
control key (I tried but couldn't find any)

thanks Jack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

> Or just select the 2 and press Ctrl+=.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
> all may benefit.
>
> "TedMi" wrote in message
>
> > Highlight the 2, then Format > Font, check Subscript in the Effects
> section
> > --
> > Ted
> >
>
Back to top
Suzanne S. Barnhill
External


Since: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 24483



PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I type subscripts for chemical equations? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Ctrl+Shift+= applies Superscript. All these shortcuts are in the Word Help
topic "Keyboard shortcuts."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message

> Suzanne that was cute, got away to change it to superscript using the
> control key (I tried but couldn't find any)
>
> thanks Jack
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
>
> > Or just select the 2 and press Ctrl+=.
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
> so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "TedMi" wrote in message
> >
> > > Highlight the 2, then Format > Font, check Subscript in the Effects
> > section
> > > --
> > > Ted
> > >
> >
>
>
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> New Users All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum