Help!

How do you set document print tray in Word 2007?

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Page Layout RSS
Next:  delete header on all pages except page 1 in Word  
Author Message
slawrie
External


Since: Nov 13, 2006
Posts: 6



PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007?
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>word>pagelayout (more info?)

A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.

Thanks,

Steve
Back to top
Tom Conrad
External


Since: Jul 02, 2007
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: RE: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

slawrie,

You didn't identify your word version.
In Word 2003, the settings are found under page setup.
<file menu, page setup, paper tab>

--
Tom Conrad


"slawrie" wrote:

> A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
> going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
> through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
> make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
> leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
> settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
Back to top
slawrie
External


Since: Nov 13, 2006
Posts: 6



PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: RE: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Word 2007...I go to Page Setup...Paper Source but it only lists Default
Tray...No other options

Steve

"Tom Conrad" wrote:

> slawrie,
>
> You didn't identify your word version.
> In Word 2003, the settings are found under page setup.
> <file menu, page setup, paper tab>
>
> --
> Tom Conrad
>
>
> "slawrie" wrote:
>
> > A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
> > going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
> > through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
> > make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
> > leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
> > settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
Back to top
Jay Freedman
External


Since: Mar 17, 2004
Posts: 3038



PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the small icon in the bottom right
corner of the Page Setup group (just below the Hyphenation dropdown)
to open the Page Setup dialog. Click the Paper tab and set the trays
there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:26:03 -0700, slawrie
wrote:

>A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
>going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
>through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
>make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
>leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
>settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve
Back to top
slawrie
External


Since: Nov 13, 2006
Posts: 6



PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

That's where I am trying to set the options but I have none but Default Tray.
What would keep me from seeing the other trays.

Steve

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> On the Page Layout ribbon, click the small icon in the bottom right
> corner of the Page Setup group (just below the Hyphenation dropdown)
> to open the Page Setup dialog. Click the Paper tab and set the trays
> there.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:26:03 -0700, slawrie
> wrote:
>
> >A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
> >going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
> >through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
> >make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
> >leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
> >settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Steve
>
Back to top
Suzanne S. Barnhill
External


Since: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 24483



PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Did you read the subject line?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tom Conrad" wrote in message

> slawrie,
>
> You didn't identify your word version.
> In Word 2003, the settings are found under page setup.
> <file menu, page setup, paper tab>
>
> --
> Tom Conrad
>
>
> "slawrie" wrote:
>
> > A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now
when
> > going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
> > through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the
settings to
> > make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2
on
> > leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves
those
> > settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
Back to top
Jay Freedman
External


Since: Mar 17, 2004
Posts: 3038



PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: How do you set document print tray in Word 2007? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Word has to learn about the trays from the printer driver. If Word was
installed or upgraded more recently than the driver, they might not be
hooked up properly. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
driver (through Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:20:01 -0700, slawrie
wrote:

>That's where I am trying to set the options but I have none but Default Tray.
>What would keep me from seeing the other trays.
>
>Steve
>
>"Jay Freedman" wrote:
>
>> On the Page Layout ribbon, click the small icon in the bottom right
>> corner of the Page Setup group (just below the Hyphenation dropdown)
>> to open the Page Setup dialog. Click the Paper tab and set the trays
>> there.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:26:03 -0700, slawrie
>> wrote:
>>
>> >A user has been setting print tray preferences for documents, but now when
>> >going into Word she doesn't get the various tray options. We just went
>> >through a network upgrade and I haven't been able to discover the settings to
>> >make this happen. For example she wants first page to print from tray 2 on
>> >leetterhead and the following pages from tray 3 on bond. The she saves those
>> >settings for that document in order to print it at a later time.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Steve
>>
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Page Layout All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum