Help!

excel menu bar missing - help 3

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions RSS
Next:  excel menu bar missing - help 2  
Author Message
Trevor
External


Since: Feb 16, 2005
Posts: 46



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: excel menu bar missing
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>excel>misc (more info?)

The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
How do I get it back.
I have reloaded excel with no results

Trevor
Back to top
Ron Coderre
External


Since: Feb 25, 2007
Posts: 562



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: RE: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Try this:

Right-click in the gray area at the top of the window
(You'll see a list of available toolbars, but not the one you want)

Select: Customize
Select: Toolbars tab
Check: Worksheet Menu Bar
Click: [OK]


Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP


"Trevor" wrote:

> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
> How do I get it back.
> I have reloaded excel with no results
>
> Trevor
Back to top
Sandy Mann
External


Since: Jun 14, 2005
Posts: 1292



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

View > Toolbars > Customize > tick: Worksheet Menu Bar

--
HTH

Sandy
In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk


"Trevor" wrote in message

> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
> How do I get it back.
> I have reloaded excel with no results
>
> Trevor
>
Back to top
T. Valko
External


Since: Nov 24, 2006
Posts: 3649



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I think View is on the worksheet menu bar so how can you access View? <g>

Right click *any* toolbar then: Customize > tick: Worksheet Menu Bar

Biff

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message

> View > Toolbars > Customize > tick: Worksheet Menu Bar
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>
>
> "Trevor" wrote in message
>
>> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
>> How do I get it back.
>> I have reloaded excel with no results
>>
>> Trevor
>>
>
>
Back to top
Sandy Mann
External


Since: Jun 14, 2005
Posts: 1292



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Good Point! (sheepish) <g>

--
Regards,

Sandy
In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk


"T. Valko" wrote in message

>I think View is on the worksheet menu bar so how can you access View? <g>
>
> Right click *any* toolbar then: Customize > tick: Worksheet Menu Bar
>
> Biff
>
> "Sandy Mann" wrote in message
>
>> View > Toolbars > Customize > tick: Worksheet Menu Bar
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>> and the crowning place of kings
>>
>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>
>>
>> "Trevor" wrote in message
>>
>>> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
>>> How do I get it back.
>>> I have reloaded excel with no results
>>>
>>> Trevor
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
Back to top
jhf
External


Since: Jul 02, 2006
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: RE: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Trevor,

I was having the same problem, but if you right click on the toolbar and see
if the minimize ribbon is checked then uncheck it. This is with excel 2007.

"Trevor" wrote:

> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
> How do I get it back.
> I have reloaded excel with no results
>
> Trevor
Back to top
par_60056
External


Since: Jun 29, 2007
Posts: 11



PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Jun 23, 1:36 pm, jhf wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> I was having the same problem, but if you right click on the toolbar and see
> if the minimize ribbon is checked then uncheck it. This is with excel 2007.
>
>
>
> "Trevor" wrote:
> > The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is missing
> > How do I get it back.
> > I have reloaded excel with no results
>
> > Trevor- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

What used to be the file menu is the circular button in the upper left
with the Microsoft Logo in it. After 10 years working with Excel I
installed 2007 last week and it took 15 minutes to figure out how to
open a file.
Back to top
Sidd
External


Since: Jul 02, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is still missing
Back to top
foraminut
External


Since: Jul 18, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Sidd" wrote:

> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is still missing
>
I've landed in this discussion group with a similar problem. Using Excel
2003, very abruptly today I have *no toolbars at all (nothing to click and
change the view) save for two custom toolbars I've used for a long time. I
do *not have the option, (on clicking in the greyed area or using the down
arrow on either menu) to select or add the customary standard toolbars, as
none of them are listed, even by clicking 'customise'. Either this is a view
problem (which I can't change because I have no view) or I've lost what I'd
think would be the corollary to normal.dot in the Word environment. Ideas
please? I'm lost and desperate and under some time constraints.
Thanks a lot. Marguerite Foraminut
Back to top
Gord Dibben
External


Since: Feb 23, 2004
Posts: 9431



PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: excel menu bar missing [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

You could look for Excelxx.XLB file which is the file that saves your Menu setup
and customizations.

Rename it to Excelxx.old then re-start Excel to see what happens.

This will delete your customizations including the toolbars you built.

I would try this macro first. You may not have to delete your customizations.

Sub Worksheet_Menu_Hide()
If Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True Then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
Else
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
End If
'''Application.CommandBars("new bar name").Visible = True
End Sub

Paste it into a general module and Run>Run Sub/Userform from the VBEditor
Toolbar.

To get to the VB Editor hit Alt + F11 then CTRL + r. Find your workbook/project
and right-click and insert>module.

Paste the macro into that module.





On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:48:02 -0700, foraminut
wrote:

>
>
>"Sidd" wrote:
>
>> The main menu bar containing "File Edit Tools etc" is still missing
>>
>I've landed in this discussion group with a similar problem. Using Excel
>2003, very abruptly today I have *no toolbars at all (nothing to click and
>change the view) save for two custom toolbars I've used for a long time. I
>do *not have the option, (on clicking in the greyed area or using the down
>arrow on either menu) to select or add the customary standard toolbars, as
>none of them are listed, even by clicking 'customise'. Either this is a view
>problem (which I can't change because I have no view) or I've lost what I'd
>think would be the corollary to normal.dot in the Word environment. Ideas
>please? I'm lost and desperate and under some time constraints.
>Thanks a lot. Marguerite Foraminut
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum