Help!

Outlook 2007 Picture Display

 
Goto page 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Installation RSS
Next:  Can't find contacts - help 4  
Author Message
Pj Andrews
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Outlook 2007 Picture Display
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>outlook>installation (more info?)

Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine except
I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages. I have
read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.

A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared the
checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before downloading the
message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I do,
the message goes away but the red x remains.

I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I am
missing somewhere
Back to top
Pj Andrews
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Forgot to mention I am running a Pop3 (paid) yahoo account. OL2003 played
nice, but I want 2007 for the additional features

"Pj Andrews" wrote:

> Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine except
> I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages. I have
> read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
>
> A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared the
> checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before downloading the
> message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I do,
> the message goes away but the red x remains.
>
> I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I am
> missing somewhere
Back to top
Diane Poremsky [MVP]
External


Since: Jul 28, 2005
Posts: 7006



PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM


"Pj Andrews" wrote in message

> Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
> except
> I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages. I
> have
> read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
>
> A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
> the
> checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before downloading
> the
> message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
> do,
> the message goes away but the red x remains.
>
> I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I am
> missing somewhere
Back to top
Pj Andrews
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi Diane - Thanks for the tip, however it did not solve the problem. I also
tried cleaning the OL temp folder which did not help either...

Two interesting points - if I save an HTML message and open it in Word 2007
it displays correctly with pictures and graphics similarly, similarly if I
open the message in IE7 it dispalys correctly.

Also, if I start OL 2007 in Safe mode, the Reading Pane correctly displays
the graphics and pictures...this is what leads me to believe there is a
setting or Registry entry that is preventing the correct display when
starting OL normally.

Any other ideas?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
>
> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
>
> > Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
> > except
> > I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages. I
> > have
> > read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
> >
> > A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
> > the
> > checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before downloading
> > the
> > message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
> > do,
> > the message goes away but the red x remains.
> >
> > I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I am
> > missing somewhere
>
>
>
Back to top
Diane Poremsky [MVP]
External


Since: Jul 28, 2005
Posts: 7006



PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

the only OL setting to the one that blocks downloads - the image place
holders have the X but also say to r-click to show the pics. It's pretty
hard to miss the text so I'm assuming that not the cause. Smile

since it works in safe mode and safe mode means no addins loaded - do you
have an antispam or antivirus addin? they could be blocking pics.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM


"Pj Andrews" wrote in message

> Hi Diane - Thanks for the tip, however it did not solve the problem. I
> also
> tried cleaning the OL temp folder which did not help either...
>
> Two interesting points - if I save an HTML message and open it in Word
> 2007
> it displays correctly with pictures and graphics similarly, similarly if I
> open the message in IE7 it dispalys correctly.
>
> Also, if I start OL 2007 in Safe mode, the Reading Pane correctly displays
> the graphics and pictures...this is what leads me to believe there is a
> setting or Registry entry that is preventing the correct display when
> starting OL normally.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>>
>> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
>>
>> > Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
>> > except
>> > I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages.
>> > I
>> > have
>> > read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
>> >
>> > A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
>> > the
>> > checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before
>> > downloading
>> > the
>> > message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
>> > do,
>> > the message goes away but the red x remains.
>> >
>> > I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I
>> > am
>> > missing somewhere
>>
>>
>>
Back to top
Pj Andrews
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi Diane - I do not have any antispam or antivirus other than Windows
Defender, which I have been running for quite sometime without
issues...Interesting observation about the Safe Mode not loading add-ins... I
think I will try to unload or disable all add-ins to see what happens...Is
there somewhere I can go to find out exactly what else runnning in Safe Mode
does...or perhaps more appropriately does not not load (ie are the same
Registry settings used etc.) I'll let you know if removing or disabling all
add-ins does the trick. It's driving me crazy!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> the only OL setting to the one that blocks downloads - the image place
> holders have the X but also say to r-click to show the pics. It's pretty
> hard to miss the text so I'm assuming that not the cause. Smile
>
> since it works in safe mode and safe mode means no addins loaded - do you
> have an antispam or antivirus addin? they could be blocking pics.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
>
> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
>
> > Hi Diane - Thanks for the tip, however it did not solve the problem. I
> > also
> > tried cleaning the OL temp folder which did not help either...
> >
> > Two interesting points - if I save an HTML message and open it in Word
> > 2007
> > it displays correctly with pictures and graphics similarly, similarly if I
> > open the message in IE7 it dispalys correctly.
> >
> > Also, if I start OL 2007 in Safe mode, the Reading Pane correctly displays
> > the graphics and pictures...this is what leads me to believe there is a
> > setting or Registry entry that is preventing the correct display when
> > starting OL normally.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >>
> >> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
> >>
> >> > Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
> >> > except
> >> > I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages.
> >> > I
> >> > have
> >> > read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
> >> >
> >> > A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
> >> > the
> >> > checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before
> >> > downloading
> >> > the
> >> > message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
> >> > do,
> >> > the message goes away but the red x remains.
> >> >
> >> > I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I
> >> > am
> >> > missing somewhere
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>
>
Back to top
Pj Andrews
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Update - Tried disabling and removing all add-ins with no success. Spent 3.5
hours on the phone with MS support last night without a clue as to what could
be causing the problem. Support has an open case on my problem and promised
to research and report back within 3 days.

"Pj Andrews" wrote:

> Hi Diane - I do not have any antispam or antivirus other than Windows
> Defender, which I have been running for quite sometime without
> issues...Interesting observation about the Safe Mode not loading add-ins... I
> think I will try to unload or disable all add-ins to see what happens...Is
> there somewhere I can go to find out exactly what else runnning in Safe Mode
> does...or perhaps more appropriately does not not load (ie are the same
> Registry settings used etc.) I'll let you know if removing or disabling all
> add-ins does the trick. It's driving me crazy!
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > the only OL setting to the one that blocks downloads - the image place
> > holders have the X but also say to r-click to show the pics. It's pretty
> > hard to miss the text so I'm assuming that not the cause. Smile
> >
> > since it works in safe mode and safe mode means no addins loaded - do you
> > have an antispam or antivirus addin? they could be blocking pics.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >
> >
> > "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
> >
> > > Hi Diane - Thanks for the tip, however it did not solve the problem. I
> > > also
> > > tried cleaning the OL temp folder which did not help either...
> > >
> > > Two interesting points - if I save an HTML message and open it in Word
> > > 2007
> > > it displays correctly with pictures and graphics similarly, similarly if I
> > > open the message in IE7 it dispalys correctly.
> > >
> > > Also, if I start OL 2007 in Safe mode, the Reading Pane correctly displays
> > > the graphics and pictures...this is what leads me to believe there is a
> > > setting or Registry entry that is preventing the correct display when
> > > starting OL normally.
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?
> > >
> > > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> > >
> > >> try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> > >>
> > >> Outlook Tips by email:
> > >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> > >>
> > >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
> > >>
> > >> > Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
> > >> > except
> > >> > I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages.
> > >> > I
> > >> > have
> > >> > read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
> > >> >
> > >> > A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
> > >> > the
> > >> > checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before
> > >> > downloading
> > >> > the
> > >> > message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
> > >> > do,
> > >> > the message goes away but the red x remains.
> > >> >
> > >> > I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I
> > >> > am
> > >> > missing somewhere
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >
> >
Back to top
Kent
External


Since: Mar 17, 2006
Posts: 28



PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi
I have excact the same problem and NOBODY are able to fix the problem !!!
Did you find a solution...????

vbrgds

Kent

"Pj Andrews" wrote:

> Update - Tried disabling and removing all add-ins with no success. Spent 3.5
> hours on the phone with MS support last night without a clue as to what could
> be causing the problem. Support has an open case on my problem and promised
> to research and report back within 3 days.
>
> "Pj Andrews" wrote:
>
> > Hi Diane - I do not have any antispam or antivirus other than Windows
> > Defender, which I have been running for quite sometime without
> > issues...Interesting observation about the Safe Mode not loading add-ins... I
> > think I will try to unload or disable all add-ins to see what happens...Is
> > there somewhere I can go to find out exactly what else runnning in Safe Mode
> > does...or perhaps more appropriately does not not load (ie are the same
> > Registry settings used etc.) I'll let you know if removing or disabling all
> > add-ins does the trick. It's driving me crazy!
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > the only OL setting to the one that blocks downloads - the image place
> > > holders have the X but also say to r-click to show the pics. It's pretty
> > > hard to miss the text so I'm assuming that not the cause. Smile
> > >
> > > since it works in safe mode and safe mode means no addins loaded - do you
> > > have an antispam or antivirus addin? they could be blocking pics.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> > >
> > > Outlook Tips by email:
> > > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> > >
> > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> > >
> > >
> > > "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
> > >
> > > > Hi Diane - Thanks for the tip, however it did not solve the problem. I
> > > > also
> > > > tried cleaning the OL temp folder which did not help either...
> > > >
> > > > Two interesting points - if I save an HTML message and open it in Word
> > > > 2007
> > > > it displays correctly with pictures and graphics similarly, similarly if I
> > > > open the message in IE7 it dispalys correctly.
> > > >
> > > > Also, if I start OL 2007 in Safe mode, the Reading Pane correctly displays
> > > > the graphics and pictures...this is what leads me to believe there is a
> > > > setting or Registry entry that is preventing the correct display when
> > > > starting OL normally.
> > > >
> > > > Any other ideas?
> > > >
> > > > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> try emptying the temp internet folders - it's an IE setting.
> > > >>
> > > >> --
> > > >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > > >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > > >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > > >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> > > >>
> > > >> Outlook Tips by email:
> > > >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> > > >>
> > > >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > > >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > > >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> "Pj Andrews" wrote in message
> > > >>
> > > >> > Just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Everything seems to work fine
> > > >> > except
> > > >> > I am unable to configure OL2007 to display pictures in email messages.
> > > >> > I
> > > >> > have
> > > >> > read messages on this group and others regarding configuration.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > A red x appears where the pictures are suppose to be and I have cleared
> > > >> > the
> > > >> > checkmark in the Tools - Trust etc. When I set to ask before
> > > >> > downloading
> > > >> > the
> > > >> > message in the email prompts me to reight click to download, but when I
> > > >> > do,
> > > >> > the message goes away but the red x remains.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > I have tried a repair and reinstall with no luck. Is there a setting I
> > > >> > am
> > > >> > missing somewhere
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > >
> > >
> > >
Back to top
wjameson



Joined: Apr 29, 2007
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem [Login to view extended thread Info.]

I am glad that someone else has this problem. I am running Vista with Office 2007 - all was fine and then for some reason I have encountered the same problem as you. From the Info Bar I tell Outlook to download the pictures and all I get is the red X. Was Microsoft able to provide an answer? Crying or Very sad
Back to top
SilverFish



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Bump. Same problem here. Disabled add-ins, virusware, etc. Running Outlook 2007 w/Vista. Checked Options, Trust Center. Repaired/Removed, Reinstalled, etc. Same problem. Cannot view any images in Outlook 2007. Very frustrating...
Back to top
wlw



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: outlook 2007 pictures [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Add another one having issues with outlook 2007 and no pictures. Worked just fine yesterday.
Back to top
MPowell



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

This image thing is not good. I have tried all the items listed including restore point and uninstalling the latest updates. Still no images. I don't even get the red X that some are getting. If I r click, all it allows is copy. I am only looking at blank box where an image should be. The image can be seen if I copy the it to Word and when I forward the message to my IT person. Some one at MS has to know what is causing this. We can't be the only ones. I am running Vista 64 and thought that was the problem.
Back to top
SilverFish



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Is anyone experiencing this problem using Business Contact Manager with Outlook 2007 by chance? Trying to pinpoint the when/why this crapped out. I'm also using Firefox. I'm also connecting to an exchange server...I also had eggs for breakfast. Question

It looks like everybody's was working and then failed? (mine did).
Back to top
MPowell



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

What I did temporarely is add a space and typed /safe at the end of the Target Line in the shortcut. Minimal for Add-ins Add-In functionality is lost, but I now get images to show. (Chris, my IT guy, he is my MS MVP who came up with that idea for the time being.)

MS should be coming out with a service pack soon. Will wait for that.

I really think this problem has to have something to do with the interface between MS Word and Outlook and Add-ins. Somebody screwed up BIG TIME! Images worked fine before some of the updates came through. But, even having uninstalled all the updates, images still will not display.

Also, is this only happening with those who have Vista 32 or 64 installed or is it happening to those who are running an earlier version of Windows?

I have had it with these issues. It looks like the Outlook MVP's can't help either and they haven't done anything different than everyone else seems to have done.

You can bet that when it happens to Bill Gates, it will get immediate action.
Back to top
wjameson



Joined: Apr 29, 2007
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Brilliant...... [Login to view extended thread Info.]

The "/safe" option works - when is Uncle Bill offering you a job at MS.

Many thanks
Back to top
SilverFish



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Ditto to that. Many thanks. Was going out of my mind...
Back to top
MPowell



Joined: May 03, 2007
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

For pictures to show each time you open OL2007 while running in safe mode, you must go to Tools>Trust Center>Automatic Download and Uncheck the "Don't download pictures..." box each time you open OL2007. If you leave it running, you won't have too.

Also, you have to adjust your personal settings if you don't like the default settings. (Reading Pane, Delete Item, etc.)

Remember though that this should be only a temporary issue until Bill Gates gets his staff off their butts and get it fixed.
Back to top
websnooky



Joined: Jun 18, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

After several hours I think I found the solution to this problem!

I'v tried every advise given on any forum on the internet about this problem! Then I started to browse to the registry settings from Outlook. I stumbled upon one option which had a strange name: BlockHTTPImages!!!

I wondered why my outlook displays pictures nicely when starting it in safemode - it was not any of my addins, though.

Well changed the setting BlockHTTPImages from 1 to 0 - and my pictures started to get download AND displayed when my outlook was normally started!
Just use Regedit to browse to the following registry key:

\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\BlockHTTPImages and change the value 1 to 0 (zero).

That's it - start outlook and ENJOY!
Back to top
Gourock47



Joined: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Outlook 2007 Displaying Pictures [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Thank you so much for this fix, it worked flawlessly.
Back to top
stevedavies7



Joined: Mar 04, 2008
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Outlook 2007 Picture Display [Login to view extended thread Info.]

In Windows XP(?)
Go to Start
Click "Run"
Type "Regedit"
Click the "X" by "H Key Current User
Click the "X" by "Software"
Click the "X" by "Microsoft"
Click the "X" by "Office"
Click the "X" by 12.0
Click on Common
in the right-hand pane, you will see "BLOCKHTTPIMAGES"
Right-Click + select MODIFY
In box marked Value data, change to 0
Click OK
Problem solved!!
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Installation All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Goto page 1, 2, 3
Page 1 of 3

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum