Help!

Can't Open Hyperlinks - help 2

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions RSS
Next:  Import .ost file into OTL2007?  
Author Message
Coach Desi
External


Since: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Can't Open Hyperlinks
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>outlook>general (more info?)

Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and let
me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been canceled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your sysytem
administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system administrator!

Help!
Back to top
sfbruc
External


Since: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Is the email in the "junk mail" folder? If so, hyperlinks are disabled in
junk mail, so you will have to move it to the inbox to enable them.

"Coach Desi" wrote:

> Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and let
> me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been canceled
> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your sysytem
> administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system administrator!
>
> Help!
Back to top
Coach Desi
External


Since: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

No, they are in my regular inbox. This problem has just started recently. I
couldn't even open the reply for this thread that was sent to me.

"sfbruc" wrote:

> Is the email in the "junk mail" folder? If so, hyperlinks are disabled in
> junk mail, so you will have to move it to the inbox to enable them.
>
> "Coach Desi" wrote:
>
> > Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and let
> > me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been canceled
> > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your sysytem
> > administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system administrator!
> >
> > Help!
Back to top
Roady [MVP]
External


Since: May 17, 2004
Posts: 10442



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

This happens when your default browser isn't properly registered as the
default in Windows.
Reset your default browser and reassign it as the default in Windows.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"Coach Desi" wrote in message

> Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and
> let
> me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been
> canceled
> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
> sysytem
> administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system
> administrator!
>
> Help!
Back to top
Coach Desi
External


Since: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Could you explain how to do that? I just tried it but it didn't work, I
probably didn't do it the right way.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> This happens when your default browser isn't properly registered as the
> default in Windows.
> Reset your default browser and reassign it as the default in Windows.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "Coach Desi" wrote in message
>
> > Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and
> > let
> > me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been
> > canceled
> > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
> > sysytem
> > administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system
> > administrator!
> >
> > Help!
>
>
Back to top
frank
External


Since: May 08, 2006
Posts: 28



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I had the same problem. I had believed it was due to an update but it turned
out to be from IE8. I use both Firefox and IE so I reinstalled Firefox and
set as default and the problem been fixed.

"Coach Desi" wrote:

> Could you explain how to do that? I just tried it but it didn't work, I
> probably didn't do it the right way.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > This happens when your default browser isn't properly registered as the
> > default in Windows.
> > Reset your default browser and reassign it as the default in Windows.
> >
> > --
> > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> > Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >
> > http://www.msoutlook.info/
> > Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >
> > -----
> >
> > "Coach Desi" wrote in message
> >
> > > Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and
> > > let
> > > me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been
> > > canceled
> > > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
> > > sysytem
> > > administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system
> > > administrator!
> > >
> > > Help!
> >
> >
Back to top
Coach Desi
External


Since: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Thanks Frank. Something told me it was connected to IE 8 because they
happened at the same time...

"frank" wrote:

> I had the same problem. I had believed it was due to an update but it turned
> out to be from IE8. I use both Firefox and IE so I reinstalled Firefox and
> set as default and the problem been fixed.
>
> "Coach Desi" wrote:
>
> > Could you explain how to do that? I just tried it but it didn't work, I
> > probably didn't do it the right way.
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > This happens when your default browser isn't properly registered as the
> > > default in Windows.
> > > Reset your default browser and reassign it as the default in Windows.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > > Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> > > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> > > Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> > >
> > > http://www.msoutlook.info/
> > > Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> > >
> > > -----
> > >
> > > "Coach Desi" wrote in message
> > >
> > > > Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and
> > > > let
> > > > me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been
> > > > canceled
> > > > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
> > > > sysytem
> > > > administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system
> > > > administrator!
> > > >
> > > > Help!
> > >
> > >
Back to top
Roady [MVP]
External


Since: May 17, 2004
Posts: 10442



PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can't Open Hyperlinks [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

It is hard to be specific without any configuration details.
From another post I noticed you are using IE8 and FireFox; which one do you
want as the default?
Which version of Windows are you using?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"Coach Desi" wrote in message

> Could you explain how to do that? I just tried it but it didn't work, I
> probably didn't do it the right way.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> This happens when your default browser isn't properly registered as the
>> default in Windows.
>> Reset your default browser and reassign it as the default in Windows.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Coach Desi" wrote in message
>>
>> > Hi, all of the sudden Outlook won't allow me to click on hyperlinks and
>> > let
>> > me open them. I get a message that states: "This operation has been
>> > canceled
>> > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
>> > sysytem
>> > administtrator". This is my home computer and I am the system
>> > administrator!
>> >
>> > Help!
>>
>>
Back to top
alex_93



Joined: May 01, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: [Login to view extended thread Info.]

HI, I have the same problem, i have set ie 8 as the default but i am still getting the same message, i have also changed back to ie 7 but i still get the same message
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum