Help!

Macro to run Rules in batch

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Programming VBA RSS
Next:  How can I email a custom message form to external..  
Author Message
bman342
External


Since: Apr 08, 2006
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Macro to run Rules in batch
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>outlook>program_vba (more info?)

I have about 40+ newsletters I subscribe to. I have set up Rules for them in
Outlook, so that they are automatically moved from my Inbox to their
respective folder when they arrive.

What I'd like to be able to do: Turn the Rules off, so the newsletters stay
in my inbox. Then turn the Rules back on when I choose, and automatically
have all the newsletters filed in their respective folders. The only way to
do this now, is to go into each Rule individually, and execute it.

Unfortunately there is no recordable macros for Outlook, which for me would
be the easiest.

Anyone have some VBA code that I could customize for what I am trying to do?
Thanks.
Back to top
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
External


Since: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 21627



PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Macro to run Rules in batch [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Rules can be run programmatically only in Outlook 2007. Is that what you have?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"bman342" wrote in message
>I have about 40+ newsletters I subscribe to. I have set up Rules for them in
> Outlook, so that they are automatically moved from my Inbox to their
> respective folder when they arrive.
>
> What I'd like to be able to do: Turn the Rules off, so the newsletters stay
> in my inbox. Then turn the Rules back on when I choose, and automatically
> have all the newsletters filed in their respective folders. The only way to
> do this now, is to go into each Rule individually, and execute it.
>
> Unfortunately there is no recordable macros for Outlook, which for me would
> be the easiest.
>
> Anyone have some VBA code that I could customize for what I am trying to do?
> Thanks.
Back to top
bman342
External


Since: Apr 08, 2006
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Macro to run Rules in batch [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Sue:

No, I've got '03. Guess I am SOL until I upgrade. And even then I need to
track down some code.

Thanks,

-b

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Rules can be run programmatically only in Outlook 2007. Is that what you have?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
> and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "bman342" wrote in message
> >I have about 40+ newsletters I subscribe to. I have set up Rules for them in
> > Outlook, so that they are automatically moved from my Inbox to their
> > respective folder when they arrive.
> >
> > What I'd like to be able to do: Turn the Rules off, so the newsletters stay
> > in my inbox. Then turn the Rules back on when I choose, and automatically
> > have all the newsletters filed in their respective folders. The only way to
> > do this now, is to go into each Rule individually, and execute it.
> >
> > Unfortunately there is no recordable macros for Outlook, which for me would
> > be the easiest.
> >
> > Anyone have some VBA code that I could customize for what I am trying to do?
> > Thanks.
>
Back to top
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
External


Since: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 21627



PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Macro to run Rules in batch [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

The code for Outlook 2007 is well documented, both in Help and in a sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1266

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"bman342" wrote in message
> Sue:
>
> No, I've got '03. Guess I am SOL until I upgrade. And even then I need to
> track down some code.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -b
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Rules can be run programmatically only in Outlook 2007. Is that what you have?
>>
>> "bman342" wrote in message
>> >I have about 40+ newsletters I subscribe to. I have set up Rules for them in
>> > Outlook, so that they are automatically moved from my Inbox to their
>> > respective folder when they arrive.
>> >
>> > What I'd like to be able to do: Turn the Rules off, so the newsletters stay
>> > in my inbox. Then turn the Rules back on when I choose, and automatically
>> > have all the newsletters filed in their respective folders. The only way to
>> > do this now, is to go into each Rule individually, and execute it.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately there is no recordable macros for Outlook, which for me would
>> > be the easiest.
>> >
>> > Anyone have some VBA code that I could customize for what I am trying to do?
>> > Thanks.
>>
Back to top
Indian Idol
External


Since: Mar 14, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Macro to run Rules in batch [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I tried to create a custom action in outlook 2003 and it worked for me. You
may
use the help link to find details on how to do this.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292063/EN-US/

I hope this will help you.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> The code for Outlook 2007 is well documented, both in Help and in a sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1266
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
> and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "bman342" wrote in message
> > Sue:
> >
> > No, I've got '03. Guess I am SOL until I upgrade. And even then I need to
> > track down some code.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -b
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Rules can be run programmatically only in Outlook 2007. Is that what you have?
> >>
> >> "bman342" wrote in message
> >> >I have about 40+ newsletters I subscribe to. I have set up Rules for them in
> >> > Outlook, so that they are automatically moved from my Inbox to their
> >> > respective folder when they arrive.
> >> >
> >> > What I'd like to be able to do: Turn the Rules off, so the newsletters stay
> >> > in my inbox. Then turn the Rules back on when I choose, and automatically
> >> > have all the newsletters filed in their respective folders. The only way to
> >> > do this now, is to go into each Rule individually, and execute it.
> >> >
> >> > Unfortunately there is no recordable macros for Outlook, which for me would
> >> > be the easiest.
> >> >
> >> > Anyone have some VBA code that I could customize for what I am trying to do?
> >> > Thanks.
> >>
>
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Programming VBA All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum