Help!

Error in format when saving excel to pdf

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Protection Fault Errors RSS
Next:  Excel hyperlink loses its path on save (2)  
Author Message
Neil
External


Since: Apr 14, 2006
Posts: 100



PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Error in format when saving excel to pdf
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>excel>crashesgpfs (more info?)

Hello,

I have office 2007, when I try and save an excel sheet to pdf, the operation
is successful, yet when I open the saved pdf file, the formatt of it is all
messed up?
This just started happening, it was working fine - I think it might have
been a windows update that created this problem...any ideas?
Thanks.
Back to top
Travelcat
External


Since: Jun 15, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: RE: Error in format when saving excel to pdf [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hi Neil,
The same thing is happening to me today. I came here looking for an answer,
it has not done this ever before. I ran adobe updates, and microsoft updates
to see if it would fix, but it is still wrong. If anyone knows about this
issue, please let us know!
Cathy

"Neil" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have office 2007, when I try and save an excel sheet to pdf, the operation
> is successful, yet when I open the saved pdf file, the formatt of it is all
> messed up?
> This just started happening, it was working fine - I think it might have
> been a windows update that created this problem...any ideas?
> Thanks.
Back to top
neilwltr



Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Format error when converting excel to pdf [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Hi Folks,

Any help with this would be great - it's driving me crazy...thanks.
Neil
Back to top
concord
External


Since: Jun 21, 2009
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Error in format when saving excel to pdf [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>excel>crashesgpfs (more info?)

I am having the same problem - since XPS Document Writer Installer driver
windows update - I have been unable to fix the problem.
any sugestions
thanks

"Travelcat" wrote:

> Hi Neil,
> The same thing is happening to me today. I came here looking for an answer,
> it has not done this ever before. I ran adobe updates, and microsoft updates
> to see if it would fix, but it is still wrong. If anyone knows about this
> issue, please let us know!
> Cathy
>
> "Neil" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have office 2007, when I try and save an excel sheet to pdf, the operation
> > is successful, yet when I open the saved pdf file, the formatt of it is all
> > messed up?
> > This just started happening, it was working fine - I think it might have
> > been a windows update that created this problem...any ideas?
> > Thanks.
Back to top
neilwltr



Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Posts: 2



PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Solution [Login to view extended thread Info.]

Hello Folks,

I found a solution.
go to; http://www.dopdf.com/
download this free program, it will install as a "printing option" on your pc "do pdf v6"[/img]
When you are in Excel, go to print after installing above.
From the print to option you will now see "dopdf v6" choose that option, then a location to save the file.
That's it.
Back to top
deedee
External


Since: Feb 09, 2006
Posts: 3



PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Error in format when saving excel to pdf [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>excel>crashesgpfs (more info?)

Anything on this yet???
i am having same issue , seemed all of a sudden after an update. all of my
meta files/ pics and word art have reverted to original size... is this the
same issue you are having or similar issue???


--
DeeDee


"concord" wrote:

> I am having the same problem - since XPS Document Writer Installer driver
> windows update - I have been unable to fix the problem.
> any sugestions
> thanks
>
> "Travelcat" wrote:
>
> > Hi Neil,
> > The same thing is happening to me today. I came here looking for an answer,
> > it has not done this ever before. I ran adobe updates, and microsoft updates
> > to see if it would fix, but it is still wrong. If anyone knows about this
> > issue, please let us know!
> > Cathy
> >
> > "Neil" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have office 2007, when I try and save an excel sheet to pdf, the operation
> > > is successful, yet when I open the saved pdf file, the formatt of it is all
> > > messed up?
> > > This just started happening, it was working fine - I think it might have
> > > been a windows update that created this problem...any ideas?
> > > Thanks.
Back to top
Bunny
External


Since: May 24, 2006
Posts: 6



PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Error in format when saving excel to pdf [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I have the same problem. I downloaded doPDF and used it a few days, after
that Windows crashed every time I tried to use it. I have gone through all
updates, ad-ins and anything available from Microsoft. The only option for me
is to save the file as Excel 2003, move it to an XP computer and convert it
to PDF.
Be careful with free PDF converters, they do contain malware!
In my opinion, you should not have to install a new software when you
already have purchased Office 2007 with the function of converting to PDF.
Microsoft obviously don't care about this problem.
I am waiting for somebody to come up with a fix.


"deedee" wrote:

> Anything on this yet???
> i am having same issue , seemed all of a sudden after an update. all of my
> meta files/ pics and word art have reverted to original size... is this the
> same issue you are having or similar issue???
>
>
> --
> DeeDee
>
>
> "concord" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem - since XPS Document Writer Installer driver
> > windows update - I have been unable to fix the problem.
> > any sugestions
> > thanks
> >
> > "Travelcat" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Neil,
> > > The same thing is happening to me today. I came here looking for an answer,
> > > it has not done this ever before. I ran adobe updates, and microsoft updates
> > > to see if it would fix, but it is still wrong. If anyone knows about this
> > > issue, please let us know!
> > > Cathy
> > >
> > > "Neil" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I have office 2007, when I try and save an excel sheet to pdf, the operation
> > > > is successful, yet when I open the saved pdf file, the formatt of it is all
> > > > messed up?
> > > > This just started happening, it was working fine - I think it might have
> > > > been a windows update that created this problem...any ideas?
> > > > Thanks.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Protection Fault Errors All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum