Help!

One or More ActiveX controls not displayed

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions RSS
Next:  How do I set up gmail on Outlook 2007  
Author Message
Rick
External


Since: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 116



PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: One or More ActiveX controls not displayed
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>outlook>general (more info?)

When opening some emails, I am prompted with an error of

"One or More ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.

As a result, the page may not display correctly."

I have checked the ActiveX control setting in Internet Explorer (version 7)
and they seem to be default settings. The version of Outlook is 2000 with
SP3. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?

Ric
Back to top
Aurillius
External


Since: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: One or More ActiveX controls not displayed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Rick wrote:
> When opening some emails, I am prompted with an error of
>
> "One or More ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
>
> 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> page, or
> 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
>
> As a result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> I have checked the ActiveX control setting in Internet Explorer (version 7)
> and they seem to be default settings. The version of Outlook is 2000 with
> SP3. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?
>
> Ric

I too am getting this message. I have Outlook 2003 though.
Back to top
Rick
External


Since: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 116



PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: One or More ActiveX controls not displayed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

In my situation I believe it was a setting in Outlook that was chosen as a
"restricted" setting. After switching it, the user reports no further
problems...I don't see the same setting in 2003.

" " wrote:

>
> Rick wrote:
> > When opening some emails, I am prompted with an error of
> >
> > "One or More ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
> >
> > 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> > page, or
> > 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
> >
> > As a result, the page may not display correctly."
> >
> > I have checked the ActiveX control setting in Internet Explorer (version 7)
> > and they seem to be default settings. The version of Outlook is 2000 with
> > SP3. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?
> >
> > Ric
>
> I too am getting this message. I have Outlook 2003 though.
>
>
Back to top
Kelly
External


Since: Mar 14, 2006
Posts: 109



PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: RE: One or More ActiveX controls not displayed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I have the same issue; IE 7, Outlook 2003 SP2. Have you found a fix yet?

"Rick" wrote:

> When opening some emails, I am prompted with an error of
>
> "One or More ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
>
> 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> page, or
> 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
>
> As a result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> I have checked the ActiveX control setting in Internet Explorer (version 7)
> and they seem to be default settings. The version of Outlook is 2000 with
> SP3. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?
>
> Ric
Back to top
Rick
External


Since: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 116



PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: RE: One or More ActiveX controls not displayed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

The individual is in another state and indicated that it was working. I
recall changing a security setting within Outlook as well as setting the IE
security settings to default. I also deleted temp files and changed the
Advanced settings back to default within IE. Hope that helps!

"Kelly" wrote:

> I have the same issue; IE 7, Outlook 2003 SP2. Have you found a fix yet?
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
> > When opening some emails, I am prompted with an error of
> >
> > "One or More ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
> >
> > 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> > page, or
> > 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
> >
> > As a result, the page may not display correctly."
> >
> > I have checked the ActiveX control setting in Internet Explorer (version 7)
> > and they seem to be default settings. The version of Outlook is 2000 with
> > SP3. Has anyone run into this issue and found a solution?
> >
> > Ric
Back to top
Jessica Dobbelaere
External


Since: Jun 20, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Re:One or More ActiveX controls not displayed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I also encountered this problem once. I'm using MS Outlook 2003. This is how
I solved it:

In Microsoft Outlook, select:
Tools > Options > Mail Format > Message Format >
Check the options "Use MS Office Word to... etc."

Good luck.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> General Discussions All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum