Help!

Can't get flash working in Iceweasle in Deb/Squeeze AMD64

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Setup RSS
Next:  [Samba] VFS : Replacing file during open()  
Author Message
Tom F.
External


Since: Nov 01, 2006
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Can't get flash working in Iceweasle in Deb/Squeeze AMD64
Archived from groups: comp>os>linux>setup (more info?)

This has become a confusing issue. There is lots of info stating how
flash won't run in 64-bit environment without doing some
nsplugginwrapper stuff. The rub is, Flash works fine in Epiphany! I
did no special set up to get this working, just installed flash. I
certainly didn't monkey around with nsplugginwrapper. This leads me to
wonder how flash is working in this environment and then why I can't
get it to work in IW.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Back to top
The Natural Philosopher
External


Since: Jul 06, 2009
Posts: 196



PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get flash working in Iceweasle in Deb/Squeeze AMD64 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Tom F. wrote:
> This has become a confusing issue. There is lots of info stating how
> flash won't run in 64-bit environment without doing some
> nsplugginwrapper stuff. The rub is, Flash works fine in Epiphany! I
> did no special set up to get this working, just installed flash. I
> certainly didn't monkey around with nsplugginwrapper. This leads me to
> wonder how flash is working in this environment and then why I can't
> get it to work in IW.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

You probably need the 64 bit plugin, but the last decent one is a bit
old, and possibly hard to get at.

I've got 10.0 r45

There is a beta release of 64 bit here

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

If you have the firefox in an unusual place, you may also need to copy
the files manually to it.
Back to top
Tom F.
External


Since: Nov 01, 2006
Posts: 4



PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get flash working in Iceweasle in Deb/Squeeze AMD64 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Sep 16, 7:17 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

> There is a beta release of 64 bit here
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

That did it! Thanks a lot for pointing me here!

It's still odd that Epiphany was working fine with the old one and IW
wasn't (i.e. youtube) But whatever.

Thanks again!

Tom
Back to top
The Natural Philosopher
External


Since: Jul 06, 2009
Posts: 196



PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get flash working in Iceweasle in Deb/Squeeze AMD64 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Tom F. wrote:
> On Sep 16, 7:17 pm, The Natural Philosopher
> wrote:
>
>> There is a beta release of 64 bit here
>>
>> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
>
> That did it! Thanks a lot for pointing me here!
>

Oh good. I haven't dared disturb my stable setup..Smile

m
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Setup All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum