Help!

Opera 9.10 Flash problems

 
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Opera RSS
Next:  Webcam - help 31  
Author Message
saspan
External


Since: Mar 10, 2007
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Opera 9.10 Flash problems
Archived from groups: opera>linux (more info?)

Hi there.

Been using Opera for 5 years now and lately I migrated
from WinXP to OpenSuse 10.2. Still using Opera, what else. Wink
But there is a serious problem with the flash-player-plugin.

For example when listening to a song on myspace.com:
The sounds freezes and crackles when scrolling the website
or switching tabs.

My Opera-Version:
Version 9.10
Build 521
Plattform Linux
OS i686, 2.6.18.2-34-default
Qt-Bibliothek 3.3.7

My flash-player:
flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-release

I don't want to use Firefox in order to branchless play
flash-media Sad

Any idea about this problem?

Greetz
Saspan
Back to top
saspan
External


Since: Mar 10, 2007
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Opera 9.10 Flash problems [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

> You haven't said anything about your hardware. The symptom you describe
> could happen because your CPU is working hard to manage the graphics
> display, and sometimes can't manage the sound at the same time.

It's running on laptop with Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz,
ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility RV350 with radeon-driver.

When using Firefox everything works fine, so I am quite convinced this
is NOT a hardware/driver issue Wink

> You might find help in one or more of the SuSE-related newsgroups or
> mailing-lists.

I will also check that, but this really seems to be an Opera-specific
problem.

By the way:
When using Opera 9.02 with WinXP on my PC the soundcontrol-buttons
on my Laptop (Volume and Mute) don't affect the sound when Opera is
maximized - always had to minimize Opera in order to mute the laptop.
This has been fixed with the 9.10 release but meanwhile I think my
laptop doesn't like Opera Wink

Saspan
Back to top
Robt. W. Fletcher Jr
External


Since: Jun 02, 2004
Posts: 260



PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Opera 9.10 Flash problems [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

saspan writes:

> Hi there.
>
> Been using Opera for 5 years now and lately I migrated from WinXP to
> OpenSuse 10.2. Still using Opera, what else. Wink But there is a
> serious problem with the flash-player-plugin.
>
> For example when listening to a song on myspace.com: The sounds
> freezes and crackles when scrolling the website or switching tabs.

Try the following (ensure Opera is not running first)

export OPERAPLUGINWRAPPER_PRIORITY=0
opera &

See if you can duplicate the issue/problem.

--
-rwf
Back to top
saspan
External


Since: Mar 10, 2007
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Opera 9.10 Flash problems [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Robt. W. Fletcher Jr wrote:

> Try the following (ensure Opera is not running first)
>
> export OPERAPLUGINWRAPPER_PRIORITY=0
> opera &
>
> See if you can duplicate the issue/problem.

Well it's working flawless this way!!!
No more problem playing the flash-song and browsing/
scrolling.

I am not very into bash, but I guess this workout
will just work for the moment, right? How do
I fix this durable?


Perhaps you also wanna see the console-output:
------------------------------------------------------------------
aj@tb303:~> export OPERAPLUGINWRAPPER_PRIORITY=0
aj@tb303:~> opera &
[1] 5422
aj@tb303:~> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8

(process:5679): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2240: initialization
assertion failed, use g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:5679): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clipboard_get_for_display: assertion
`GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
Adobe FlashPlayer: gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY); failed. Trying
to call gtk_init(0,0);
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8
------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Saspan
Back to top
eponymous



Joined: May 13, 2007
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Opera 9.10 Flash problems [Login to view extended thread Info.]

saspan wrote:
Robt. W. Fletcher Jr wrote:

> Try the following (ensure Opera is not running first)
>
> export OPERAPLUGINWRAPPER_PRIORITY=0
> opera &
>
> See if you can duplicate the issue/problem.

Well it's working flawless this way!!!
No more problem playing the flash-song and browsing/
scrolling.

I am not very into bash, but I guess this workout
will just work for the moment, right? How do
I fix this durable?


Perhaps you also wanna see the console-output:
------------------------------------------------------------------
aj@tb303:~> export OPERAPLUGINWRAPPER_PRIORITY=0
aj@tb303:~> opera &
[1] 5422
aj@tb303:~> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8

(process:5679): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2240: initialization
assertion failed, use g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:5679): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clipboard_get_for_display: assertion
`GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
Adobe FlashPlayer: gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY); failed. Trying
to call gtk_init(0,0);
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and
is not UTF-8
------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Saspan
I can't be 100% sure as I do not know how your system and Opera function on other sites, but to me that output implies that the Flash content is connecting to a server-side script which is not properly handling the data. It might not be necessary to 'fix' anywhere but the site you mentioned.

I write apps that use PHP/MySQL and Flash. When testing in Opera server side scripts fail if the program just passes raw POST vars, unlike some of the other more prevalent browsers. So, it might not be Opera's fault either, but simply that the author just assumed certain things about the user.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   General Reply to Topic (not reply to a specific post)    Forums Home -> Opera All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum